Life is hard. Very hard.
Sure, some people’s lives are much more challenging than others — but there’s not a person alive who doesn’t experience troubles at some point.
Navigating a difficult patch is taxing, but tools are available to help you through the process, including affirmations and quote therapy.
To that end, we’ve compiled a list of quotes about hanging in there.
Bookmark and come back when you need a little support.
45 Hang In There Quotes To Give You Encouragement
Hang in there quotes and sayings of support and encouragement can make a difference and drag you out of a hole.
They’re like sugar for your motivational muscles.
As such, we’ve curated this list of hanging-on quotes to help you overcome mental hurdles.
Funny Hang in There Quotes
Humor is healing. Laughing feels excellent, and it also soothes our nervous system. With that in mind, check out these amusing hang-in-there quotes.
1. “But ne’er the rose without the thorn.” – Robert Herrick
2. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
3. “I’m just trying to hang in there as long as I can.” – Barry Bonds
4. “Let your strongest muscle be the will.” – James Lendall Basford
5. “When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.” – John Vance Cheney
8. “A bend in the road is not the end of the road. Unless you fail to make the turn.” – Helen Keller
9. “There are times when you simply have to righteous hang on and outlast the devil.” – Ezra Taft Benson
10. “Just hang in there for a while like those earrings of dew. A subtle attachment but belonging there a little more…” – Samudyata Rao
11. “We love being mentally strong, but we hate situations that allow us to put our mental strength to good use.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
12. “When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up. Let your reason get you back up.” – Les Brown
13. “In the end, the pain will end. Hang in there!” ― Gift Gugu Mona
Hang in There Quotes for Her
Women have long given the best advice. Not to say men cannot; it’s just that many ladies have a talent for observation. We celebrate them with these hang-in-there quotes for her.
14. “You just work through it. You just hang in there.” – Gayle Forman
15. “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” – Kenji Miyazawa
16. “The greatest setback can lead to your greatest breakthrough. Trust and believe that all things are working together for your good. ” ― Germany Kent
17. “Hang in there, strong girl. Hard times don’t last forever. Life moves on. And so will you.” – Eunice Loreto
19. “Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something helpless that wants help from us.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
20. “Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows nothing about, need only a bit of praise or encouragement – and we will make the goal.” – Jerome Fleishman
21. “We managed to hang in there. Today when people get married there’s a tendency to run away when things get tough. There is a lot of strength in hanging together.” – Jerry Stiller
22. “Hand in there doesn’t matter how hard it gets… Just hang in there with all the hopes and wishes. be strong, cause with every rain there comes a bright rainbow that you have never seen before.” – Tanushree Nath
23. “Don’t give up when dark times come. The more storms you face in life, the stronger you’ll be. Hold on. Your greater is coming.” ― Germany Kent
24. “You can do amazing things if you have strong faith, deep desire, and just hang in there.” — Norman Vincent Peale
More Related Articles
11 Best Personal Philosophies To Guide Your Life
99 Of The Best Motivational Quotes For Students
The Ultimate List Of 145 Life Lessons You Must Learn
Hang in There Quotes for Him
Men have feelings too — and many feel pressure to provide and hide their emotions. So these quotes are for men going through a tough time and need a boost.
25. “Sometimes life gets weird. Hang in there, it gets better.” – Tanner Patrick
26. “Never give up. Keep your thoughts and your mind always on the goal.” – Tom Bradley
27. “Defeat may serve as well as victory to shake the soul and let the glory out.” – Edwin Markham
29. “Consider the postage stamp, my son. It secures success through its ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.” – Josh Billings
30. “The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.” – Max Lerner
31. “To everyone battling a difficulty or under attack right now, smile, keep your head up, keep moving and stay positive, you’ll get through it.” ― Germany Kent
32. “There’s ALWAYS a way to fix something.” ― Steven Wolff
33. “If your storm has not passed chances are there are some lessons that you have not learned. ” ― Germany Kent
34. “One has to remember that every failure can be a stepping stone to something better.” — Col. Harland Sanders
35. “In the end, everything will be okay. If it’s not okay, it’s not yet the end.” — Fernando Sabino
Inspirational Hang in There Quotes
Inspiration is everywhere — especially in these inspirational quotes.
36. “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
37. “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” –Julie Andrews
39. “So often in life a new chapter awaits. You ride off into the sunset and discover it’s the sunrise.” – Robert Brault
40. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Henry Stanley Haskins
41. “If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.” – Flavia Weedn
42. “If you have the character to hang in there when it’s tough, you will develop or acquire every other characteristic necessary to win the game of life.” – Zig Ziglar
43. “Once you have been through a certain amount of things in life, you definitely grow more comfortable with yourself. To persevere and hang in there and believe in yourself.” – Steve Nash
44. “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
45. “Sometimes you will think you can’t take it another day. But if you hang in there, one step at a time, you will be able to accomplish more than you ever imagine.” — Taya Kyle
You’ve got this. Hang in there. We believe in you! And always remember that what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, and this, too, shall pass.